Monday 7 May 2012

Artist of the Week: Tricia Scott

This week, our celebrated Artist of the Week is photographer Tricia Scott! Tricia is based on the Jurassic Coast, Dorset, and introduces herself below:


"I draw my energy and inspiration from the sea, its unpredictability, texture, play of light, reflections, colours and power. Growing up on the Suffolk coast, a stone’s throw from sand, sea and ships has given me a deep love respect for all things connected to the sea.

For me it is a photographer’s paradise, the way the sea continuously shapes and changes the coast, the bountiful treasures it washes ashore, the marine life, and sailing vessels. Now living on the Jurassic coast the photographic possibilities are endless.

My aim is to try and due justice to all of these elements through my photographs, from abstracts, coastscapes, to trying to capture the feel of a high sea swell."

-Tricia
Part of Tricia's new work - taken while sailing last summer

We'll be hearing more from Tricia throughout this week, and also showcasing more of her work. So watch this space - and if you can't wait, visit her Shed Profile in the meantime to have a sneak peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment