Monday 11 June 2012

Introducing Hilary Buckley, our Artist of the Week!

Blue Cobb
Hilary Buckley
This week our Artist of the Week is Hilary Buckley, Dorset-based artist who works with mixed-media, painting and collage. She is greatly inspired by Lyme Regis and the scenery and landscapes of Dorset. 
'I love Art Deco and my work has a definite graphic feel to it.  I am drawn to graphic shapes and colours in the local scenery and seem to have discovered my own distinctive style, whether I am using soft pastels, collage or acrylic ink.'
- Hilary
St Ives
Hilary Buckley
Three Boats on the Cobb
Hilary Buckley
Blue Patterns of Colmer's Hill
Hilary Buckley
Colmer's Hill from Bridport
Hilary Buckley
We'll be sharing more of Hilary's work throughout this week - and to see what's she has been up to have a look at her Facebook page, and do follow on on Twitter @Stones63 if you're a Twitter-er yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment